Lettuce Cups with Cilantro-Almond Chicken Salad
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds with skins
- 1 bunch cilantro, bottom 2 inches trimmed
- 3/4 cup plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 small clove garlic, finely grated
- 1 pinch cayenne
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken, skin and bones discarded
- 18 medium bibb lettuce leaves from 1 to 2 heads (reserve large and small leaves for another use)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Place the almonds on a baking sheet and bake until light golden, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a plate and cool completely.
Combine the cilantro and 1/4 cup of the almonds in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Add the yogurt, olive oil, lime juice, garlic, cayenne, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper and pulse until well blended. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the chicken, toss to coat, and season with salt and pepper.
Arrange the lettuce leaves on a platter. Fill each lettuce cup with some chicken salad and sprinkle the remaining almonds over the top.